PSEO Informational Meeting for Fall 2021
If you were not at the live presentation, please watch the entire video.
Time Stamps- scroll to an exact part of the video if you want to view specific information:
- General information and qualification: 0:00-3:07
- Pros of PSEO: 3:07
- Potential Issues: 4:33
- Credit conversion: 10:00
- Things to Consider: 11:27
- Course equivalency information and how classes transfer: 18:53
- Timeline: 21:41
- Navigating PSEO information on college websites: 26:02
- Deadline and paperwork: 33:18
- Resources: 35:34
- Contact Information and questions: 40:21 until the end of the video
Fall Semester 2021 PSEO Meeting slides with clickable links for resources
PSEO MDE Application 2021-2022 **We need this for ALL PSEO students (returning or new) and we need a separate one for each college you apply to.**
- This updated form from MDE has a spot where you can type signatures instead of having to print and sign. You can fill out the form and email it directly to your counselor without having to worry about getting a "wet ink" signature.
Waseca High School PSEO Contract **We need this form for ALL NEW PSEO students. We need only one copy.**
- Please fill out this form and turn it in with your PSEO MDE Application.
- This document gives a general overview of how PSEO courses transfer to Waseca High School.
- This is only required for students taking PSEO courses through the University of Minnesota. Students will need to work with their School Counselor to make sure that they are registering for the correct core course(s).
- This is only required for students taking PSEO courses through Riverland Community College. Students will need to work with their School Counselor to make sure that they are registering for the correct core course(s).
Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) is a program that allows 10th-, 11th- and 12th-grade students to earn both high school and college credit while still in high school, through enrollment in and successful completion of college-level, nonsectarian courses at eligible participating postsecondary institutions. Most PSEO courses are offered on the campus of the postsecondary institution; some courses are offered online. Each participating college or university sets its own requirements for enrollment into the PSEO courses. Eleventh and 12th-grade students may take PSEO courses on a full- or part-time basis; 10th graders may take one career/technical PSEO course. If they earn at least a grade C in that class, they may take additional PSEO courses.
There is no charge to PSEO students for tuition, books or fees for items that are required to participate in a course. Students must meet the PSEO residency and eligibility requirements and abide by participation limits specified in Minnesota Statutes, section 124D.09. If a school district determines a pupil is not on track to graduate, she/he may continue to participate in PSEO. Funds are available to help pay transportation expenses for qualifying students to participate in PSEO courses on college campuses. Students must notify their school by May 30 if they want to participate in PSEO for the following school year. For current information about the PSEO program, visit the Minnesota Department of Education’s Postsecondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) webpage.