Junior Jays Preschool
Preschool is located in the Waseca Family Education Center. All classes are taught by licensed early childhood teachers who also hold kindergarten and elementary licenses. Classes are for children who are 3 or 4
by September 1st of each school year. We are proud to have high quality preschool programs that are taught by licensed teachers and aredevelopmentally appropriate for the children in our classes. We strive to meet the needs of all children and look forward to teaching more of Waseca's youth! This year we are also a MN Reading Corp site! We are proud to incorporate this into our program to help make sure all children are ready for kindergarten!
All of our programs work on kindergarten readiness skills in the classroom. They use the Creative Curriculum with different themes and activities, including:
- Identifying basic shapes/colors
- Counting and number identifications and other math concepts
- Alphabet introduction and other early literacy concepts
- Name recognition and writing
- Calendar activities
- Fine motor skill practice - scissors, crayons, pencils, stencils, etc.
- Free play (socialization)
- Gross motor activities - balance, trikes, catching, throwing, spinning
- Circle time with songs, fingerplays, concepts, stories and games
- Sensory experiences - playdough, silly putty, sensory table, paint & more
- Large and small group experiences
- Classroom routine and structure in a stimulating environment
- All classes also have holiday parties, special visits & guests, 2 parent-teacher conferences per year, yearly concert, outside play, walks & more!
- Transportation to/from school on our bus for a fee.
- Tuition assistance/scholarships may be available.
- Students are eligible to attend the Waseca Pre-School Jay's Nest (formally known as School Age Care) program where they can have a full day preschool experience. Open M-F from 6:30 AM - 6 PM. Students are walked back and forth from daycare to preschool.
A $25 deposit per class is necessary to hold your slot. Registration is first come/first served. Call 835-2222 for more information.
- Payment in full at registration
- Down payment with balance paid at first class session
- Monthly payment schedules may be set up at time of registration