Junior Jays KinderPrep is currently taking applications for fall 2019!
Applications due and program placement will begin on April 23rd. Letters will be mailed verifying enrollment.
Applications can be picked up at the Family Education Office located within the Central Building, northwest door #8. Office phone is 835-2222.
KinderPrep is a school readiness program that is based on a sliding fee scale and priority placement in ISD # 829. Children with the greatest needs, as identified through a family rating scale, receive priority. Ex. family financial need, health needs, child is K eligible but will wait to go to K when they are 6, or referred through screening. Child must be 4 before September 1, 2019.
This program gives preschoolers the opportunity to enhance their skills for kindergarten while parents choose from a variety of options for flexible parent involvement. Student days will include gym time and lunch. Hot lunch is available to purchase and children can qualify for a reduced or free rate based on federal guidelines.
The class also includes students from the Early Childhood Special Education program that are also working on kindergarten readiness skills in preparation for a fall 2019 kindergarten entrance. An ECSE teacher will co-teach with the FEC staff. All students will work on socialization, self-regulation, concepts, motor skills (both fine and gross) and more in a nurturing, stimulating and fun environment.
- Classes are taught by a licensed Pre-K/Kindergarten/Elementary teacher and an early childhood special education teacher
- Located in the KinderPrep room 101 in the Family Education Center at CB
- Tuition assistance available. Based on Free and Reduced lunch guidelines. Forms available in the FEC office
- Transportation offered for a fee
- School lunch available
- Call for more information: Waseca Family Education Center: 507-835-2222.
- Students are eligible to attend the Jay's Nest Preschool Care program where they can have a full day preschool experience. Open M-F from 6:30 AM - 6 PM. Students are walked back and forth from daycare to preschool.
- Class follows the school calendar
- Class times are 8 AM - 2:30 PM on Monday-Friday
**Class Fee: $315.00/month
**Sliding fee scale: Please stop in the office to fill out a form to see if you qualify for reduced rates. The rates are significantly reduced if you qualify.
We also offer parent/child classes and preschool classes for 3 and 4 and 5 year olds.
Check out our other pages!