E. F. Johnson: 1899-1991


     Johnson earned his degree in engineering from the University of Minnesota and used his education to found a communications industry in Waseca. Johnson, an electrical contractor, and his wife Ethel started a business selling radio transmitting parts to amateur radio operators, and early broadcasting stations. In 1924 he moved into "Main Street" headquarters. His brothers became partners. Their successful manufacture of radio components led to expanded facilities and government contracts.

Johnson was the founder of Johnsons Components, a successful business that manufactures radio circuitry. Johnson earned his degree in engineering from the University of Minnesota and became an electrical contractor. He and his wife, Ethel, started a business selling radio transmitting parts to amateur radio operators and early broadcasting stations. In 1924, they moved their business to downtown Waseca and eventually moved to a larger building located on the south end of Waseca.

A picture of Johnsons Components

 

© Waseca Virtual History Museum